Li-ion Battery Formation-Aging Process
Li-ion Batteries’ production and manufacture are closely linked with each process step; the production of Li-ion batteries includes the pole-piece manufacturing process, battery assembly, final liquid injection, sealing formation, aging processes.
In the third stage, Each step will impact the battery’s final performance.
Li-ion Battery Formation
Li-ion Battery pre-formation is to charge and discharge the manufactured Li-ion battery with a slight current; after manufacturing Li-ion batteries, charge and discharge such li-ion batteries with the small current 0.2C.
There are Mainly two points for pre-charging
1. After manufacturing Li-ion the battery, it could be better applicable. the phase needs to be corrected correctly (like metal oxide negative electrodes with alloy mechanism), the physical properties are not suitable, it needs to be activated after first using.
2. After first charging the Li-ion battery, it is released from positive electrode active material, and after passing through the electrolyte-diaphragm-electrolyte, the Li-ion Battery embedded in negative electrode graphite material layer, and the electrons migrate from the positive pole to the negative pole according to the peripheral circuit during this process.
Due to the low potential of Li-ion battery embedded in graphite negative electrode, electrons will first react with electrolyte to form SEI film and some gases.
Thickness exceeds 10% due to the small amount of electrolyte that will be consumed during battery exhaust and liquid replacement operations
Graphite system battery capacity is irreversible due to that negative graphite electrode. No gas is generated, and the SEI film directed during the first charging process hinders the further reaction of electrons and electrolytes, but the battery is stable.
Li-ion Battery Aging
Li-ion Battery aging means the battery after first use and formation after the liquid injection is completed. The Li-ion Battery can be aged at room or high temperatures, It makes the Li-ion Battery more stable after using the properties and composition of the SEI film formed. Stability of battery electrochemical performance. There are three primary purposes of aging:
1. The Li-ion battery aging at high temperatures can help the SEI structure reorganize and form a loose and porous membrane, The film structure is tight, the pores are tiny, and a certain amount of SEI film will be formed on the negative graphite electrode inside the Li-ion battery after the battery is performed.
2. After formation, the Li-ion battery’s voltage is unstable and slightly higher than the actual voltage. The purpose of aging is to make its voltage more accurate and stable.
3. Putting the Li-ion battery at a high or average temperature for a while can ensure that the electrolyte can fully infiltrate the pole piece, which is conducive to the stability of battery performance.
The Li-ion battery charge and discharge process are selected according to the Li-ion battery material system and structural system. Still, the battery formation must be charged and discharged under low current conditions.
After these two fundamental processes, the stabilized battery is divided into capacity, and after packaging and other methods, it can be released.
Newest Li-ion Battery
7000mAh 2P 18650 Li-ion Battery used for Cordless Curling Iron No wires and 7000mAh 2P 18650 Li-ion Battery powered Cordless Curling Iron, it's easy to carry and with high safety factor, and there is a huge demand for wireless curling irons and 18650 Li-ion Batteries...
Rechargeable Hot Selling Lithium-ion Battery LP21700A 4800mAh with Connector JST PHR-2 With PCM & wires 50mm & Connector JST PHR-2 Model Rechargeable Hot Selling Lithium-ion Battery LP21700A 4800mAh with Connector JST PHR-2 Type Rechargeable Hot Selling...
Rechargeable Hot Selling Lithium-ion Battery LP21700B 4500mAh with Connector JST PHR-2 With PCM & wires 50mm & Connector JST PHR-2 Model Rechargeable Hot Selling Lithium-ion Battery LP21700B 4500mAh with Connector JST PHR-2 Type Rechargeable Hot Selling...